Sunday, September 15, 2013

Squeeeeeeak!

My truck and Peanut (Jasmines car) have been talking to us for several weeks now, so I decided to do some investigating. I pulled the front tires off the truck and looked at the brakes. Looking at the picture below you can tell the fix is a no brainer. 


Jasmine's issue was a little different. The pads and rotors had plenty of material on them, but if you look closely at the rotor you can see two rings on the face of it. The guy at the parts store said the rings cause the squeaking and I could either have them resurfaced or buy new ones. The cost difference between the two was 15 bucks. Not wanting to wait a few hours, I spent the extra 30 bucks and installed the new hardware on the car.  


For less than a hundred and fifty bucks, I got the two vehicles back on the road and feel very comfortable with the quality of my work. Having the right tools and knowledge have saved us a ton of money over the years and I enjoy doing it. 

No comments: