Sunday, June 8, 2014

Graduation Day


Rebekah graduated from High School yesterday and we planned for a small party afterward. Our day started off with losing power at 330 in the morning because an underground power line went bad. I ran into the Puget Sound Power crew at the 7-eleven when I went for a coffee run and they told me a fuse blew. A fuse blew? It sounded like a howitzer went off. Sounds right to me he replied. We had sticky buns ready to go into the oven, but the lack of power put a slight damper on breakfast. I fired up the generator to run the essentials. You know, curling irons, hair dryers, straighteners and then decided to use the turkey roaster to see if we could salvage the food. To our delight, they came out just fine and all the girls were able to prep themselves for the ceremony. We were happy to see the power back on when we arrived back at the house and we were back in business. The first thing on the agenda was to turn on the grill and get the onions going. Easier said than done because the stupid thing stopped working. I made a few calls, got a hit to pick up a friends and drag it back to the house only to find out his grill decided to quit as well. I finally decided to go old school and get the briquettes soaking and after getting the burgers cooking I remembered why we switched to gas because the smoke was crazy thick and choking me out, but it got the job done.  


A very fattening breakfast, but worth every calorie. 


Jaz and Bek posing with her diploma. 


The 2014 Senior Banner. 







No comments: