Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Bicycle Art

My job took me up north to Port Townsend and on the way back I saw a Bike Shop sign. Being an avid rider, I decided to stop and take a look. Scott was the owner and he had been there for the over 15 years. He's off the beaten path, but has survived longer than any of the other shops in town that have come and gone. Pulling into the 2 spot parking lot, I discovered the secret to his success. Not only does he repair bikes, he turns them into pieces of art work. I forgot to add Scott's website Williwaw Studio
Take a look at work:


Now this is hill climbing.


Sunday stroll.


Good pace line. 


Solo rider on a sole wheel. 


This is my next road bike. 
The guy is pretty talented in many ways. He also had some chairs carved out of some very large logs with several coats of lacquer applied. 

1 comment:

Hank Greer said...

Pretty cool! What's the name of the shop?