Saturday, November 2, 2013

New Tires

In November of 2011 we bought new tires for the Pilot and in July of 2012 I finally got around to bringing it in to Discount Tire for a rotate/balance. We were experiencing some unusual road noise and steering wheel shimmy and I was hoping the visit would eliminate all issues. I brought the car back a few weeks later with the same issues. Another balance was performed and off I went. I went back yesterday and watched the process and while the tire was spinning both the tech and I noticed the tire was slightly out of round. The next tire was even worse. Needless to say, I was given four new (better) tires and only had to pay the lifetime warranty costs. 65 bucks out the door.  I wrote a letter to the company and told them of my experience. Not to complain, but to suggest looking for this condition during the balancing process. Maybe they'll reward me for my suggestion and send me a check for the warranty amount? I won't be holding my breath on this one.

No comments: