Monday, September 29, 2014

CX Fort Steilacoom


The weather was perfect for a cross race and the number of riders in each category proved it is definitely cross season. Susan told me Saturday night that she's racing in the beginner race. I didn't know she was even thinking about it. Cool! I made sure her bike was ready and took both ours to the race early the next morning. 


Happy go lucky at the first turn after the whistle blew for the start. 


I trailed her the whole time yelling "encouraging" remarks and making sure she knew when riders were approaching from behind. 


Feeling the pain at the barriers. 


Yeaaaaaaaa! All done!

I raced the single speed again and on my third lap my rear tire picked up an old safety pin used to keep the numbers on the jersey and it flatted in seconds. I was tired from cranking up the hill and holding my own in the bottom 25 percent , but I wasn't ready to quit just yet. Oh well, that's racing. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Check that off my bucket list!!!