Friday, September 26, 2014

WWU

We dropped Jasmine off at the university this past weekend and were surprised about being first in 
line upon our 930 arrival. We unloaded everything onto the ground and then I moved the truck to a parking lot a few blocks away. There were several WWU helpers assisting with the move and we had everything upstairs in no time. Bailey, Jasmine’s roommate had a little more stuff than her and most of their stuff remained in the hallway until we could get the beds lofted. After getting the beds squared away, we started to bring the boxes in and place them as best we could until they could arrange it the way they wanted. An early arrival time was beneficial because an hour later the helpers were spread thin and the students/parents ended up carrying everything themselves. Between the drive up, offloading, carrying multiple boxes up the stairs and unpacking, I was pretty tired.




Later in the day, our goodbye was quick and didn’t allow for too many tears to flow after this picture, but we each had our share. Today’s technology allows us to call, text and skype so it’s not like we weren’t going to see her for months on end because we were skyping that night. I remember getting dropped off at the MEPS station at the start of my Air Force career. My dad kissed me on the cheek and I didn’t see my parents for over two years. Times have definitely changed since then.  Her classes started Wednesday and she’s been looking forward to having something productive to do. We wish her the best and I’m sure she’ll do great. 

No comments: