Sunday, August 10, 2014

Morning Ride

Susan and I went for a short ride yesterday to DuPont and back. Knowing the pace would be relatively easy, I jumped on the Single Speed and immediately noticed two things. The saddle my brother Hank gave me was positioned incorrectly and rock hard. No wonder it was a free bee. I dealt with both for the duration and made a mental note to adjust it later. We immediately had an Oh #$%! moment  when some idiot pulled in front of us while we were going down a hill a half mile from the house. We both hit the brakes and turned into the turning lane to avoid hitting him on the passenger side. I yelled a not so nice comment after we passed and then relaxed for a few to until the nerves settled. The rest of our ride was uneventful and good for both. When we got home, I swapped bikes and did two 13 mile loops to train for the P2P. I need to get plenty of hills in before this ride because ten thousand feet of elevation gain in eighty miles is not an easy ride. I guess that's why they call the 80 miler, the idiot. :)

No comments: