Tuesday, October 29, 2013

CX Marymoor Park

The race at Marymoor Park was under ideal conditions and the number of riders in each category made it even better. Most of the course was relatively smooth, but after entering the Velodrome it felt like you were riding a jackhammer and the two seats I saw laying on the course proved it. After exiting the Velodrome you had to climb a short off camber hill and then make a right turn back down it and turn again on the flat. I pretty much locked my back end up near the bottom until the bike straightened itself out and then I stood up on the pedals to try to get my speed back up for the chicane ahead. Then it was off to the back side of the drome where it was a long slow off camber turn which I wasn’t too fond of and my lack of speed sent up the caution flag to everyone around me. The hill after first set of barriers proved more challenging after my race because it too was off camber and slicker than snot after 180 bike passed over it 5 times each.  The track condition definitely made you give your tire pressure a second check. Mid twenties in the rear and a little higher in the front kept the GreerMeister upright for 40 minutes and my kit mud free. My inspiring moment was on the last lap. No one past me and I blew by the rider in front of me just before the finish for 28th place out of 60’ish riders. Yea Me! I have a week off before the best race of the season at Woodland Park in Seattle. This one is always a blast.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAuilukAqNs

No comments: